LGBTQ+ at Jacobs Australia
For Jacobs, our commitment to LGBTQIA+ inclusion is far more than just marching in Pride parades or attending LGBTQIA+ job fairs. It’s about building equality for all into our business practices, amplifying the community’s voices and improving on our commitments every day.
Prism is our employee network for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and ACE people (LGBTQIA+) and their allies.
At Prism we are unashamedly proud, fun and fabulous, our vision is for Jacobs to be the employer of choice for LGBTQIA+ employees across the world – a company where everyone can bring their whole self to work. We foster an environment where LGTBQIA+ people feel included, safe, proud and empowered by:
- Advocating for inclusion in the workplace by being passionate and visible in our support of LGBTQIA+ people and their rights.
- Educating our leadership and wider colleagues to create a global team of allies, ensuring that Jacobs provides policies and tools that can better support LGBTQIA+ people.
- Driving LGBTQIA+ inclusion across our industry and promoting LGBTQIA+ inclusion with our external stakeholders, clients, and communities.
- Our team is proud to earn Stonewall’s coveted Gold Award for the first time in Jacobs’ history, ranking #1 in the Construction, Engineering and Property industry rankings in 2022!
- In 2021, we earned our second consecutive “bronze” status in the Australian Workplace Equality Index, the definitive national benchmark on LGBTQ workplace inclusion. We scored 131/200 in the index, showing remarkable progress from our 2020 score of 104 and our 2019 score of 77.
- Jacobs earned a perfect 100% score in HRC’s LGBT+ Corporate Equality Index for the third year running.
- We were recognised in Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity 2021.